The US podcast Love Your Enthusiasm features Katrina Naomi and her poetry.
In this episode, Katrina shares:
- Her introduction to poetry and how it has become the focal point in her life.
- The importance of accepting rejection as a writer and learning to push through.
- Her creative process and some of the requirements she needs to create.
- Why showing up and putting in the work are more important than seeking inspiration.
- Surprisingly positive effects the pandemic has had on her work and productivity.
- Where she turns when she needs to step away from her poetry and renew her energy.
- The three-step creative process she takes to write a poem.
- Poetry recommendations and why she enjoys reading translated poetry.
- Why fear does not hold her poetry back, but rather provides a platform from which to write.
- How she moved past her toughest rejection and what she learned from it.
- Why it’s important for her to demystify poetry and create a more inclusive space.
- Supportive advice for young aspiring poets—read more than you write and write about what you care about.